roland-arranger.com user club
April 19, 2014, 11:25:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: User registration is currently disabled. If you want an account, please send an e-mail to registration@roland-arranger.com. In the e-mail inform us about your desired username and e-mail address and we will create a user account for you manually. You will recieve an e-mail, when your new account has been created.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roland... About the Piano/Standard  (Read 1125 times)

Diki

United States United States

My keyboard is:
G70, SRX-07, SRX-06, SRG-01, BK-7m, BK-9

View Profile Awards
« on: February 01, 2008, 08:25:29 AM »

There is a serious flaw in the operation of the Piano/Standard switch behavior.

Essentially, this single parameter works like this: If you are in Pianostyle TYPE Mode, Whole ZONE recognition, and WHOLE KBD MODE (essentially, all the things you need ON to play a regular piano Part and have the arranger track you), and then you hit the Piano/Standard switch (either by FC-7, Assign SW or Footswitch), it immediately changes the Pianostyle Mode to Standard, the ZONE recognition to LEFT, and the KBD MODE to SPLIT.

Perfect for a RH solo. All is wonderful... the angels sing!  Grin Kiss Cool

Here's where it all goes horribly wrong...  Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes

You hit the switch one more time, and yes, the Zone recognition goes back to WHOLE, and the Arranger MODE goes back to Pianostyle, but here's the zinger... The KBD MODE does NOT go back to WHOLE!

So you CAN'T use this control for what is it's obvious use. Could you change (please, please please, BEFORE the next G-series comes out!) the behavior of this so that the KBD MODE returns to WHOLE again..?

Thank you, RolandKiss

(Would any E80/60/50 members please check out if the same thing happens on your arrangers, too? Thank you)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 02:25:11 AM by Diki » Logged

In the future, everyone will be famous for 15MB....
adi matis

Romania Romania

My keyboard is:
ex - Roland E60; I am waiting...

View Profile WWW Awards

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 08:32:41 PM »

diki, i tried to duplicate this, in my E60, both with split and whole mode selected in the main screen.

having the type: piano style and zone: whole, in the arranger setting screen, i start playing.
if the setting was whole in the main screen, yes, i can play piano on whole keyboard, as a pianist would do, having the accomp on also.

anyway, in arranger setting screen, while playing, if i press type: standard button, the accomp stops, only drums remain, the accomp comes back when i press keys, but the zone:whole does not change, it remains whole, does not go to zone: left, as you said. also, the keyboard more remains whole.

so, i couldnt go on with the experiment you propose, simply because the first part of it does not duplicate in my keyboard...

Smiley is it good? bad?

"Many people take bad management for destiny!" - Kim Hubbard
Diki

United States United States

My keyboard is:
G70, SRX-07, SRX-06, SRG-01, BK-7m, BK-9

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 02:24:22 AM »

Sorry, Adi, but this is a totally different thing. This isn't the Zone buttons in the screen I'm talking about.

P.55 of your manual describes the Footswitch control choices. Admittedly, if you use a sustain and an expression pedal on an E50/60, you've already maxed out your choices, but one of the options in the footswitch choices reads just as the G70 manual. The thing about doing it this way is that it is a single, hands-free way to do something that takes three button presses (2 screen, one hardware) to accomplish, and most importantly, it does not cut off the ARR Parts, which switching from Piano Style to Standard always does (despite MANY pleas to Roland to change this Roll Eyes).

So, short of the Easy Setting buttons (which change a lot more than just these modes), and again even they only keep the ARR Parts going when you go from Piano to ARR Easy Settings, but cut them off going BACK to Piano, this is the ONLY way on a Roland to change from Piano Style to Standard and back without the ACC Parts going 'poof!'.

Would you mind checking out if the function works as described above when using a footpedal in the Footswitch jack? Thanks...

In the future, everyone will be famous for 15MB....
adi matis

Romania Romania

My keyboard is:
ex - Roland E60; I am waiting...

View Profile WWW Awards

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 06:56:47 PM »

oki, i got it wrong...
Smiley
i am not sure what would you like to find out exactly, i am sorry, anyway, since i dont really use different aproaches regarding chord recognition in the same song, i did not meet the problem you are describing. or maybe the E series is just different. i hope you'll get the chance to play an E50/60/80 very soon, so you can test the "+"s and "-"s .

Cool

"Many people take bad management for destiny!" - Kim Hubbard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: