roland-arranger.com user club
April 23, 2014, 09:01:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: User registration is currently disabled. If you want an account, please send an e-mail to registration@roland-arranger.com. In the e-mail inform us about your desired username and e-mail address and we will create a user account for you manually. You will recieve an e-mail, when your new account has been created.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roland... Let's look at the Mute buttons  (Read 1309 times)

Diki

United States United States

My keyboard is:
G70, SRX-07, SRX-06, SRG-01, BK-7m, BK-9

View Profile Awards
« on: November 03, 2007, 08:23:45 PM »

One of several features that you dropped that continue to be missed by the users is the Bass & Drums/Small Combo/Full Ensemble buttons from the V/VA-series. Quite a few ex-VA users have said they miss this function a LOT... I think the main reason that they miss it is that muting active Parts on the G and E series arrangers is a VERY 'hit or miss' process. Let me explain...

First of all, in the main Part Mute Solo Page, there are NO icons to let you know which Part plays what sounds, so muting there is NOT a good idea! There IS a ton of room above the sliders to place these icons, but so far, it's wasted space. Next, is the main ARR pert mixer page, which DOES have icons, but in the case of styles with several similar parts, there's no easy way to tell which ones are currently active, or even if the mixer DOES continue over to a Page 2. or not...

So... a certain amount of improvement needs to be made, IMO....

Solutions...? Well, firstly, stacking the icons for the sounds used on the Part Solo/Mute page would go a LONG way to clearing up the confusion. There's PLENTY of room (only half the screen is used for anything!), so multiple Tones on one Part could be shown.

Secondly (this one is a bit harder to code, I imagine, but would make navigation a breeze) would be to have each Part, in the main ARR mixer, if it is currently active, change it's color slightly (highlight it) to show which  channels are active. This would make it a snap to tell, for instance WHICH, of maybe four or five guitar Tones that are playing, is the current active one. Then muting it is a snap.

But, after long consideration, I think that going BACK to the VA series' buttons that allowed simple selection between Bass & Drums, Small Combo and Full Ensemble would be a very effective solution to the problem, and hey! You already know how to do that one! I know I'll never get an answer from you, but I AM a little curious as to why you felt that 'feature' wasn't worth carrying on to the next generation. For most of the players that had it, it seems to be one of the things they miss the most.

In the future, everyone will be famous for 15MB....
gvenuti

Switzerland Switzerland

My keyboard is:
G-70 OS V3.01-b009

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 01:00:12 PM »

Hi Diki,

regarding the new possibility that was implemented in the VA series I miss the Morphing function between styles...

For people that don't have tested this possibility I can assure that it was a very interesting thing...
nothing compared to the cover... because you have the possibility to combine live two styles and to use the Drum line of the 1st style with the bass and acc lines of the 2nd... and of course all the other possibility of this 3 options (Drum, Bass, Accs). Of course on the new arranger, with new porocessor having better performances, should be easier to allow the possibility to morphing the differents Accs lines.

The live usage of this function is not the same as this offered in the style composer where we can combine parts of differents styles to create the new one...

And I repeat, I miss the possibility of the preprogrammed mute function that allow to go from drum & bass thru small combo to whole playing style... and of course the other possibility limited to the Drum and is 4 variations whit hard keys (muting of particular notes to go from small usage to whole drum set) and not only drum and percussion like we can do now but only by soft keys.

Regards
Giovanni

I know one single thing: I don't know nothing.
I play Music to feel me alive.
adi matis

Romania Romania

My keyboard is:
ex - Roland E60; I am waiting...

View Profile WWW Awards

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 01:05:16 PM »

this is what i've been saying for how many months now.

but i am afraid is in the same family as your request for chord seq., diki.
Sad orchestrator was a BRILIANT idea, and it's been dropped, dont ask (me) why.... i've never had a VA arranger, but in a very short while when i played an EXR7 i thought was very very good.
so now, basicaly, it is IMPOSSIBLE to mute parts during live performance, it is just sooo lame!
i still believe the mark jump buttons could be used in a future OS update for this function, as they have none for arranger playing.
this would be, IMO, the best, easiest and clever function to be added. but i very much doubt. roland wouldnt admit the stupid thing, so they wont (i'm afraid) put it back, at least not in E/G series.

oh yeah, and add some functionality to demo button. please. maybe hold left...?

and i just saw your post giovanni! morphing - another GREAT feature! dropped!!!! arghhhhhhhhh! Sad

"Many people take bad management for destiny!" - Kim Hubbard
adi matis

Romania Romania

My keyboard is:

View Profile WWW Awards

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 09:32:17 AM »

just a bump, for roland's eyes!

Fran Carango

United States United States

My keyboard is:
G70 version 3,

View Profile WWW Awards

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 11:30:04 AM »

The current GW-7 still has the band size buttons..So Roland has not dropped the idea..
adi matis

Romania Romania

My keyboard is:

View Profile WWW Awards

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »

yes, but gw7 is designed and released before new e series (50, 60, 80). so, i dont have any clue that roland will re-introduce the orchestrator. one can only hope for it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: