roland-arranger.com user club
April 17, 2014, 06:13:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: User registration is currently disabled. If you want an account, please send an e-mail to registration@roland-arranger.com. In the e-mail inform us about your desired username and e-mail address and we will create a user account for you manually. You will recieve an e-mail, when your new account has been created.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: g70 screen err  (Read 6055 times)

davidz

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 06:25:07 PM »

Hello Everyone,
I also have display problem (the cracked type),
I got Roland's G70 Service manual, the number next to Roland's part number is LCD KCG057QV1DB-G00

I have found a Kyocera exact part number.

Can I use this part for replacement? (Kyocera datasheet actually mentioned that this part used by musical instruments)

Thanks

David.
beestar

Netherlands Netherlands

My keyboard is:
Yamaha Tyros 5 (before: Roland G-70)

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 07:06:03 PM »

I think it might be the right LCD from Kyocera, although I am not 100% sure. Because I never replaced a G-70 LCD with a Kyocera one. :-)

I once replaced a zip drive in my G-1000 with an non-Roland brand and that worked fine. But I do know that Roland sometimes uses very particular components. In fact, the floppy disk drive in my G-800 could not be replaced with a standard floppy drive.

So, double check all the properties you can find: screen resolution, physical size, voltage requirements, connector. If everything is the same and the price is okay for you, take a leap of faith and try it. You do have to be handy, though! Also an anti-static wrist band would be a good idea.

Keep us posted.

Maarten
davidz

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 10:41:28 PM »

Tips to change the LCD on a keyboard or sound module Roland at lower cost.
Hi, following my adventure to change the LCD of my V SYNTH XT, I am sharing my experience, which will benefit .... maybe one day replace a touch screen for Workstation / Expander or arranger is very expensive and times are very long. Since I could not get my insurance, I sought the least expensive and here's some info: Note that for a touch screen, there are two layers, the layer panel (touch screen) and display (LCD). For screens Roland, if you break the touch surface, you'll be crying your eyes, it's a tactile surface owner, and according to my information, it is sold that 'with the screen (ca is normally a large maximum of USD 30 for a standard touchpad). If there is that the screen is broken like this example: You're lucky to be able to get by with it; dint of research, I found the factory that manufactures LCD monitors for the brand Roland. And these are all the same models for all instruments: LCD Reference: KCG057QV1DB - G00 - 52 - 24 to 6 You can order it here: http://www.yj-lcd.com.cn/ Sally (Sales Manager) SHEN ZHEN Y & J Electronics Co., Ltd. TEL :86-755-83752964 Fax :86-755-83789095 Mobile: 15012852447 Email: yj_lcd 163.com Email: sally -yj lcd.com.cn MSN: lcdbusiness live.cn www.yj-lcd . com.cn Skype: sallylcd The price is 150 USD, and I received it in 2 days (DHL delivery). It remains a delicate operation; off the touch surface of the old screen and paste it on the new; Tip : Heat the oven to 40 C, you put the old screen for a while, just to soften the sticky surface, and we go with a blade cutter. I had never done this before in my life and it took me a few seconds, just pick up the surface of the new screen and it go again ... The removal operation is rather very simple to access the LCD on the V Synth XT, may be more difficult will it be on a keyboard. A substantial saving on the cheapest quote I got for this operation is 600 (I want to thank Manu ), the most expensive 950. J I took a little more risk, but ultimately the game was worth it. I will put more pictures when I get home
beestar

Netherlands Netherlands

My keyboard is:

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2011, 07:54:05 AM »

Thanks for sharing the info! Good research. TIA for posting pictures.

A very good tip to use an oven to peel off the touch sensitive sheet...  Grin

I consider you a brave man. Replacing a touch sensitive LCD is not for the faint of heart.  Wink

Maarten
davidz

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2011, 12:19:57 PM »

I must clarify, my last post. This text was translated from French.

So the entire text credit MUST go to FZERO.

He is the real hero.... I will do the "Operation" as soon as I get the display.

Hopefully with nice pictures. Cheesy
Diki

United States United States

My keyboard is:
G70, SRX-07, SRX-06, SRG-01, BK-7m, BK-9

View Profile Awards
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2011, 08:30:09 AM »

I still feel you are on dodgy ground, fixing this yourself. I mean, look at the potential downside... you mess up the repair and it costs even MORE for Roland to fix it (if they even can) or you end up with a zero functioning G70. OTOH, sure, putting it in to Roland to do it gonna cost you, but you ARE going to get a functioning G70 at the end of the story...

In the future, everyone will be famous for 15MB....
davidz

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2011, 11:38:23 PM »

Well Diki I'm not so brave Undecided

I got quote from Roland ~$280 only for the LCD, work not included.
I asked them if they are willing to do the replacement job while I provide the LCD, the answer was no-problems ($70/hour)

I can get the display for $150, and I hope that it takes 1 hour to replace it = 150+70 = $220

Or

I know I can remove the old LCD, if I cause damage to the touch-sheet it will cost $30 (worst case) and finish it all for $180.

I will keep you posted.
davidz

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2011, 03:33:08 PM »

Well the operation was successful.

Thanks for all your support

* G70 Replacing LCD-Site.pdf (908.76 KB - downloaded 122 times.)
beestar

Netherlands Netherlands

My keyboard is:

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 04:58:45 PM »

Very well done!

It only took you 20 minutes? That's extremely quick in my opinion.

Thank you for the wonderful pictures and clear directions.

Enjoy your "new" G-70! ;-)

Maarten
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: